The History of our Church
Our congregation was organized in 1861, and has worshiped in this city since that date. The first church was constructed in 1863 and served the congregation until 1901, when the present church structure was completed.
Since 1868, the congregation has maintained a Christian Day School. The building presently in use is the congregation’s third school.
From small beginnings, the congregation has experienced a steady growth and now serves over 1,250 souls.
Our modern-day St. Paul’s Church offers a wide variety of ministries to people of all ages.We have an intensive Children’s Ministry in Heart♥Land Preschool and in our Lutheran Elementary School, as well as before and after school care, Sunday School, and Girl and Boy Pioneers.
We have a specialized ministry to the developmentally disabled in our Jesus Cares program. We offer English as a Second Language (ESL) classes to Hispanics in the community. We have a shepherding program where every ten individuals or families are adopted by a shepherd. We also have interesting regularly scheduled Bible classes led by our pastors and special guest teachers.